Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Goodell Finishes First at Elkhart Lake Triathlon

The setting for my first Olympic distance triathlon was a beautiful sunny day at the elegant Osthoff Resort in Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin. The water was a crisp 62 degrees, and the bike & run had their fair share of steep hills and tight turns, which was thrilling & terrifying at the same time. I think my 41 mph descent on one of the hills was a personal record! I was most impressed by the sportsmanship of my fellow competitors on the course. My rack-mates were courteous in the transition area (a refreshing change from the previous week), and words of encouragement were exchanged throughout the run course - one guy even high-fived me when I passed him! I finished 1st in my age group with a time of 2:31:47... I think I've found my new favorite race distance! - By Kimberly Goodell

No comments: