Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Mother's Day 2007 by Laura Perez

There is no better way to begin Mother's Day than celebrating life with 30,000 people! Every year our family drives into the city at the crack of dawn, bundles up for the windy 5K walk, park blocks away and experience an amazing May morning doing the Y-ME run/walk (held in about 12 cities simultaneously across the country on Mother's Day). This year I couldn't drag them with me but got their blessing to go, alone, and finally do the 5k run. I ran as fast as I could (finishing with a Polar measured heart rate of 181) and looped back to join the masses of families and friends participating in the walk - remembering and celebrating loved ones. My place? It was self-timed and therefore no places were given - will Polar count it as one of my 6 races? :) We train and race because we can...

No comments: