Thursday, August 23, 2007

Perez Competes in Ironman WI for LUNGevity


Dear Family and Friends,

I write you this letter
To tell you about my race this September.
Ironman Wisconsin
One forty point one
Miles I will swim, bike and run.

I'll take care of the training, but there's also a way
You can be part of this memorable day
For the silent killer with a terrible stigma, lurks,
Lung Cancer - it's quite the enigma.
It strikes - smoker or non
So awareness and dollars
Helps research move on.

As I train, I believe
My pain has a purpose
for those who survive and those no longer with us.
Add your name to my list
Spread the word, help my cause
At the finish - a cartwheel, a smile
and for you - MY applause!

A HUGE THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT THIS PAST YEAR!
I COULD NOT HAVE DONE THIS WITHOUT YOU!
HERE'S TO US!
Laura Perez (LP)

Remember... it's not the quantity that counts, it's the number of people I can reach....
For more information and on-line donations go to:
1. http://events.lungevity.org/tributes
2. click on "find a fund"
3. enter "Laura Perez"
4. follow the steps to donate
Or
LUNGevity Foundation
2421 North Ashland Avenue
Chicago, IL 60614

No comments: