Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Race Report - Spirit of Racine by Laura Perez

Racine 5th year.....here's my story and I'm sticking to it!!! I dreaded waking at the crack of dawn, driving up alone, parking remote, hauling my pump and everything....but I got a perfect spot on the road, pumped my tires and prepared to find my friends. I borrowed a wet suit - putting aside my 15 year- old maroon Body Glove and eventually headed down the beach.
Swim was fine. Bike was exciting. There was very little wind and lots of company! How many bikes lengths? How many seconds to pass? What is drafting anyway? I ate, drank, passed, was passed and poof! I was back at the beach. The run started slowly as I climbed the hill - slow and steady, slow and steady I ate, drank, passed, was passed, squirted a chocolate hammer gel on my beautiful Polar clothes (yuck!) and pushed to the end.... I felt good, loved seeing people I knew, yelled at Polar people and cheered friends on at the finish. - by Laura Perez

*** A special congratulations to Laura for placing second in her age group!

No comments: